» The Challenge of Making Software Work Together
The challenge of getting different pieces of software to work together via API is worth taking on for a few reasons. This might not be easy, but using APIs to integrate software does three important things for your business:
- Automates cumbersome business processes– APIs make it possible to streamline workflows and data transfers by eliminating the need for a human to execute all parts of the process.
- Integrates systems that work should work together– Information is automatically shared across local and cloud-based services, which speeds up work processes, like creating email lists.
- Adds value to data and software – Faster and more-complete information sharing helps you grow your business by freeing up time for other activities and facilitates data analysis.
In a best-case scenario the right plug-in, tool, or widget is right there and ready to use. We’re guessing that will be the case more often as more companies lean heavily on cloud-based services to manage data, market their services, and support their operations in general. In other words, the situation gets complicated for almost any e-commerce business.
» API Integration Examples
There are probably thousands of ways that businesses can try to connect content management, marketing, human resources, accounting, shopping carts, payment gateways, and email management. Here are some examples we encounter:
- HubSpot integration with SquareSpace
- Mailchimp integration with a marketing system
- QuickBooks connection to an inventory system
- Customer relationship management with HR software
If you have several applications that run on cloud-based servers plus a couple of desktop tools that need to share information in various ways, achieving full integration can be difficult. We can create an API integration for two programs that need to share data and connect your customer database to your HubSpot account using one of their many pre-existing APIs.
If you need to streamline data sharing between software applications, contact us to schedule a discovery call.
» APIs and Custom Software Development
Do you have a custom database or project management tool that currently stands alone? Would you like to make it share data with other software? This can be a real technical challenge. We know how to create software that makes those different pieces of your business work together. If there is an existing API, for example, to connect a MySQL database to Mailchimp, we can do the integration that way. If there is no existing API, we can design one.
Bad software connections and clunky operations can also be bad for search rankings. Why? Fast imagery and page loading make a big difference, so does fast response to on-page queries. If your e-commerce site is slow, your SEO work may be affected. This can happen when your inventory database and website aren’t connected properly.
» Count on 245TECH to Connect Your Mission-Critical Software
Making all of your business tools work together can be a tough job. Yet, effective marketing, fast site performance, and good accounting practices all make these fast and stable connections important. HubSpot integration with SquareSpace is just one of the enterprise software integration challenges that 245TECH has handled over the years. Let us put all your pieces together and make your software work the way it should. Contact us to talk about your API integration requirements and custom software development.